So, it's been a hot minute since my last utterances, but not for lack of things to bleat about. Rather, quite the opposite.

For the best part of about 4 maybe 5 months now, I've been deep inside of an unusual spurt of energetic release of artistic endeavours. I've taken up writing, and found it to be very rewarding - I really enjoy the 'style' I seem to use when putting words to paper in a narrative form... Something just feels good. I often end up quite giddy after an evening typing away.

So, at some point in the hopefully not-too-distant future, I shall release two very different books. Certainly in the realm of 'short story' the very concept of 'novel' is daunting. But I'll write until the story is told. In one book I'm writing an overly elaborate character background for a character I am currently playing in a Vampire the Masquerade Role-Playing Game.

A watercolour of a man writing

It is with no shame that the other story is the re-telling of one of my own hosted Role-Playing Games from two years ago, The stories and nostalgia are often broached by the players and I decided that with my newfound urge to 'do' I would make the best and also create the story of that game, a tale of surprise and misery set in a cyberpunk world.

Two very different settings, and two strangely different narratives, both giving me a lot of fun!

Along with this, I decided why not do EVEN more (probably too much) and make an actual computer game... from scratch... not knowing the slightest of how to do so...

Thanks to ChatGPT  (which I personally think is a fantastic tool) I can very quickly discover many things, including how to code. It has been a truly fascinating experience; I still know next to nothing about coding, and yet already have a 'working' base of a game! It's got a LOT of work yet to do, but now I have an actual reason to use my Patreon!

And so... With this and my general attempts at playing games a lot and attempting to have some form of social life, I've actually been very busy and a little exhausted. I'm genuinely amazed at how little time there is in the day, I find myself fighting to get a little more done and realising too late it's gone 4am ... again.

I have to give a little shout-out to Mum for making this possible, without having what she gave, I could not do what I now do. RIP mum.

- Copyright © Brain Spooge - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -