I recently posted this to Quora.com ...
And it seems I do actually give a fuck, it's all a little self-interested, but nonetheless, I appear to have an opinion and at least moderately altruistic intention.


As I’ve grown older, and become surer in what values I hold true, I became more and more aware of the fact that politically, I lean to the left.
This led me to become more vested in understanding the events and actions unfolding around me, and seeing parts of the opposing political view with which I disagree.
On such a Global stage as we have today, I easily came across the seemingly determined efforts of right-wing efforts in America to stymie what I would see as a more progressive left-leaning world, this included the efforts of religiously focused groups which put deliberate if indirect efforts into pulling the American education system backward, rather than allowing its progression.
Let me backtrack, just a little to explain that, while I am not American, nor do I live in America, nor do I really have any desire to visit the country… but I do recognise that America is ‘loud’ on the global stage, and I also comprehend that the efforts of their political bodies have a direct echoing effect on how the leadership of my own country decides t go about its business. essentially, America is too influential to ignore.
And so, when I learned of a deliberate attempt to enforce an education system which values the content of a particular religion as though equal to the efforts of science over millennia, the story interested me.
I did some research and found the efforts of one man, a man not too dissimilar from myself, but one man that through his efforts has possibly helped hundreds of children receive a modern education rather than an 18th-century indoctrination.
That man was Bobby Henderson, he wrote a letter about a flying spaghetti monster.
I was from that point on, a Pastafarian, I don’t believe there is a flying spaghetti monster, but the ideals which it represents are ideals that I think can lead not just America, but my country, and others into a better world.

FSM Stickers

- Copyright © Brain Spooge - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -