I'm old enough now that I can be nostalgic for my long since passed childhood, to such extent that I now have trouble recalling things, which sucks.

But I need to make this post such that I can remember this, (it is without irony that I type the following:- ) When I were a lad...

Please, bear with me...

When I were a lad I enjoyed many toys, I had a pretty good childhood, privileged, cared for and provided to, my parents -for all my gripes- actually did give me a lot of 'stuff' -- sadly they then took it all from me and promptly sold it off at car boot sales - thus LITERALLY taking my childhood away (probably quite a lot of trauma to unpack there... I digress.)

Among my cadre of toys, I had many of the Lego sets (the kind that people would today spill blood for), a vast array of Action Force and G.I. Joe figures, Starcom play sets, Micromachines, A Boglin, A good handful of Muscle Men and then also Monster In My Pocket, a full set of the four original Ghost Buster Characters, and also the four original Turtles... I was never left wanting - for this I am thankful, and should reflect more on just how much my parents did give me.

Among all of these is one that I consistently forget: Legion Of Power


Of all the things I had this one was a firm favourite, but I still (even while writing this very post) forget it's namesake - and in times of wistful nostalgia, I just need to recall those happy days.

And so, I write this post not for anyone but myself, to help me remember when I was a happy, innocent and carefree lad with nothing to worry abotu other than which toy to play with after school.

I miss those days.

- Copyright © Brain Spooge - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -