And so we find ourselves amidst a global pandemic, who would have thought this would be my 40th Birthday 'gift'... Thanks world!



More seriously though, wash your hands' people!

Aside from the fact that I'm a reclusive socially awkward introvert even when I'm not told to stay at home, I'm at home anyway, so the world is just living on my terms now. People are going bonkers because they have to spend time with themselves, and I suspect many of them are finding out that they are rather dull.

I personally really like my own company, I rather like me.

And so, while the world turns, and the news of toilet paper shortages and an ever-rising death count, I carry on much as I normally do, playing video games, doing a little 3d Blender stuff, writing out bits and bobs for my currently ongoing role-playing group.

And today I found something special which I decided to share; 

Rhubarb sweet & sour / teriyaki sauce.

I was just making a little lunch for myself using whatever was at hand, I had some leftover prawn-fried rice and a cupboard full of condiments, and on the kitchen side, a glass with some leftover rhubarb juice.

I would have been silly not to try, so I did, and it was really lovely. And so, here I share with you the 'basic' concept of my fruity 'Asian' inspired sauce.

1 tablespoon (14 ml) rice wine vinegar (as an afterthought, 2 tbsp would add a little more zing)
2 tablespoon (28 ml) rhubarb juice, fresh (aka; leftover from making a rhubarb crumble)
1 (or 2) (~21 ml) tablespoons tomato ketchup.
1 teaspoon (5 ml) soy sauce

To increase the flavour a little, you could add (but I didn't today...) a little ginger and garlic.

I roughly mixed it with a fork, passed it through a drinks sieve to remove unwanted 'bits' and then mixed into my prawn rice. Very fruity, a little sour/tangy and a simple way to use up some bits.

My Place In The World...

So much has changed in a peculiar way and so quickly, the world feels odd. Out of place in some way. But, as I had mentioned above, my life remains unreasonably unchanged. One thing however that I am forcibly attempting to change is my 'value' in the world.

For whatever reason, I find myself in a place where I am essentially retired. I have a passive income which requires minimal effort to maintain, occasionally I pick up some piecemeal jobs, more to keep myself entertained than to generate income. But, I still do many things which I know have an inherent value, and I want to tap into that value so I can better enjoy my time.

Sadly, money, and the amount you have access to, still means the difference between getting by or enjoying oneself. For that reason, I'm currently attempting to start a Patreon page, I have nothing exact or specific to offer, and I'm not even sure how to properly integrate such a thing into my activities, but I do feel like I should get some reward for my many little efforts.


- Copyright © Brain Spooge - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -